A. Eligibility and Registration
- All students who expect to pass Diploma from the Institute by the end of the academic year 2016-17 and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with this office. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Registration for all programmes will be done during the month of August-September.
- Campus placement is a facility provided for the students. Registration is not compulsory. Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement.
- Students having backlog are not permitted to register for placement.
- All students are advised to check the company profile and background thoroughly of each company before applying. Kindly make informed decisions BEFORE applying to any company on campus. T&P would NOT be liable for any default from the company's end at any stage later. Once you apply to a company all rules as per student policy will apply.
- Students are advised to read the announcements made, go through the company website and apply only if interested.
- Students are expected to follow the institute resume SAMPLE available in the T &P CELL for preparing the resumes.
- The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Students have to submit their resumes to individual companies well before the deadline. Resume once submitted cannot be modified. DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
C. Pre-Placement Talks
- Notices of the PPT will be published on the T&P CELL NOTICE BOARD well in advance. Students should occupy the venue 15-mintues before the scheduled start of the PPT.
- Students interested in a particular company, must attend its PPT without fail.
- Attendance will be taken and only those students who have attended a particular PPT will be eligible to apply for that company.
- Students must go through the complete selection process of a particular company, once their resumes are SUBMITTED.
- Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. must be sought from the companies during PPT.
- DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any interaction with a company including PPT. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process / PPT, if they are not formally dressed.
D. Placement Process
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements / notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement Office. Students are expected to be punctual.
- ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
a) A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
b) LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- DISCIPLINE: Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behaviour in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT / Test / GD / Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
E. Job Offers
- MULTIPLE OFFERS: Each student is eligible for only one job offer.
a) If a student receives more than one offer in a session / day and if there is a delay in the announcement of results by some companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer of the company whose results are declared in time.
b) If the results are declared on the same session / day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform the placement office of his/her choice, within 24 hrs. of announcement of results.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e. deregistered from the placement CELL.
- RELEASE OF OFFER: All companies are requested to release the Offer and hand over to this office within an hour after the completion of the recruitment process.
- Offer Acceptance: The students should inform the acceptance of offer within 24 hours (on the day following the release of offer). The company shall be intimated of the offer acceptance within three days of release of offer.
- OFFER OF JOB: Announcement on the notice board will be considered as firm offer. Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. All offers (made by the companies) shall be through this office only. This office will not be in a position to resolve problems, if any, that may arise with respect to offers made directly to the student by the company.
- MEDICAL TEST: The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test. If there is a rejection at this stage, the student registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible again to seek placement through this office. Students should go through and understand instructions related to medical test carefully. The same should also be adequately clarified during PPT.
- JOINING STATUS: In case of students, who go for higher studies and hence decide not to join the company, should inform the company in writing at the earliest with the copy to Placement Office.
- IDENTITY CARDS: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
- For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by this office shall be binding on all student.